New NCLC practice tools:
1. New 7th ed. of Fair Debt Collection (now 2 volumes) and new 2d. ed. of Collection Actions. Automatic subscribers should have received these two major revised editions of our popular treatises on the FDCPA and defending collection lawsuits--essential updates. Others can obtain them at www.nclc.org/updates.
2. Six New Supplements. Subscribers have also received Aug. 2011 supplements for Foreclosures, Cost of Credit, Consumer Warranty Law, Credit Discrimination, Consumer Banking and Payments Law, and Consumer Class Actions. Others can obtain them at www.nclc.org/updates.
3. Companion Websites updated: Each title includes an updated companion website with pleadings, agency interpretations, legislative and regulatory history, other key resources, ready to copy/paste, download, or print. Access is free as long as you keep the title current.
4. NCLC REPORTS for May/June (to subscribe and for back-issue information, call 617-542-9595):
Deceptive Practices & Warranties Ed: Sup. Ct. limits class actions; keeping a class action in state court; post-Concepcion arbitration update; large UCC statutory damages for yo-yo sale.
Consumer Credit & Usury Ed: Special Issue: July 21 D-Day for Dodd-Frank.
Bankruptcy & Foreclosures Ed: FAQs on mortgage strip-offs; proving borrower inquiry is a valid Qualified Written Request.
Debt Collection& Repo Ed: statute of limitations for cell phone collections; collector voicemail often violates the FDCPA.
5. Consumer Rights Litigation Conference, Nov. 3-6 at luxurious Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park Hotel . The consumer law highlight of the year; last year over 1000 attendees! A full lineup of fabulous speakers on over 100 topics to choose from, the Class Action Symposium, and full or half day sessions on mortgage litigation and foreclosure defense, consumer bankruptcy, the FHA and RHS Loan Programs, student loan borrowers, and debt collection suits. CLE available. Register here now.